Super Fun Rafting
Super Fun Rafting
BRING A FRIEND! ADD 1 MORE FOR AN AUTOMATIC 10% OFF YOUR RESERVATION 🙌
It’s the most fun you can have on a boat with the squad!
Reserve for your friend for an automatic 10% off your final reservation!
Seat on raft, paddle, flotation devices, wetsuit (if requested), basic instruction are all included and provided by the operator of this trip.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Rafting is different based on how fast the water moves. Water flow is graded by Class 1 through Class 5.
All you have to remember is that the lower the Class, the slower the water.
Most days, all rivers flow at around Class 1 and 2, where you put your raft on the water and go with the flow. It requires some paddling to navigate and it's great conditions for beginners who want to practice steering as captain. You get soaked only when you want.
But on select days, the local power authority opens up their dam to create Class 3 and above water conditions on sections of the river (that's the whitewater for which this activity is often referred to as).
There can be several sections across a river that can be classified as Class 3 and above where you're guaranteed to get soaked when you go through them. However, in between these sections, a river goes back to Class 1 or 2 water.
The Class 3+ sections require an intense amount of paddle paddle paddle to navigate a raft and you may need to switch positions to avoid arm fatigue. You'll use the Class 1 and 2 sections to rest on these days.
That said, please check the date you want to go so you know whether your rafting trip will be Class 1 or 2 (aka) "Easy" or Class 3 and above (aka "Whitewater").
Below is your anticipated itinerary:
- 7:30am Depart NYC from pickup
- 9:30am Arrive at destination, checkin, waivers, fitting, instructions
- 10:30am Shuttling to boat launch, More instructions, Begin trip
- 11:30am On the water
- 12:30p ~Arrive at midpoint, explore, no meals on trip
- 1p Continue to end
- ~2p Conclude trip, Shuttling back to basecamp to change.
- ~5p Return home
- This trip is ideal for BEGINNERS-to-INTERMEDIATE rafters. Learn more about How We Rate Trips.
- Raft, flotation device, paddle included. Wetsuit, gloves, booties rented separately on-site.
- Roundtrip shuttle available.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE EXACT PICKUP TIMES AND LOCATIONS VIA WELCOME EMAIL AFTER YOU'VE MADE YOUR RESERVATION AND 72 HRS PRIOR TO YOUR TRIP. You'll be able to select your pickup time and location only by replying to that email.
- Check for Deals & Special Offers.
- Physical Distancing and Face Covering Policy.
- No Questions Asked Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- TRIP DETAILS (I.E. TIME, DATE, DESCRIPTIONS) POSTED HERE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR ANY REASON. Details regarding your trip will be emailed to you after you book.
From the #whatyoumissed archives.