Sampler Pass - Choose from 180+ local adventures!
Sampler Pass - Choose from 180+ local adventures!
Discover 90+ amazing outdoor adventures on Outerthere.com with a Sampler Pass!
But wait, make it a Sampler Pass Plus and add-on roundtrip shuttles, and your options double to 180+ adventures!
From guided hikes, camping trips, kayaking trips, bike trips, skydiving, wakeboarding, offroading and so much more!
Join hundreds of other local and supportive outdoorsy fam to try everything from beginner-to-advanced adventures as well as family-friendly outings.
You will love your Sampler Pass!
BOOKING TRIPS WITH YOUR PASS
The Trip Calendar gets updated regularly. Whenever new trips are added that you can use your Pass with, you'll see it appear on the page linked above.
Can't find the trip you're want? Search for it. Here's how.
If all trip dates have passed, select "Flexible? Reserve a spot on a future trip" + "No Add-ons" to book your trip. You will be able to apply your Pass on any upcoming trip.
Still not positive about your trip? Don't worry, your Pass does not expire. Hold on to it as long as you want until you see the right trips or it's the right time.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU'VE USED YOUR PASS
- You'll immediately receive a confirmation email for your reservations.
- Then, you will receive a Welcome email 72 hrs prior to every trip you reserve It will contain all the details for your trip, including pickup locations. Learn more about Welcome emails here.
- Pickup locations can be found here. Let us know which ones you want now. You'll be reminded via your Welcome email.
- In the meantime, if you're not already receiving our very outdoorsy emails in your inbox, you'll start seeing those, too.
SAMPLER PASS DETAILS
Find trips on the Sampler Pass here.
Find trips on the Sampler Pass Plus here.
- Sampler Passes exclude meals, equipment rentals and accommodations.
- Sampler Passes exclude shuttle rides unless you add-on roundtrip shuttle to your purchase. You'll be able to reserve your roundtrip shuttle rides separately directly from each trip page.
- Rides can only be used for trips you book on your Sampler Pass. You cannot split your roundtrip shuttle rides from the trips you book with your Sampler Pass to use on shuttle only trips, for example.
- Your Sampler Pass can only be used once during the same checkout, but it never expires so you can activate it when you're ready.
- You may only use your Pass on 4 trips. Your must book all 4 of the trips you want in the same checkout. Your Pass will only work once.
- You are not able to swap out trips with a Sampler Pass. You are able to swap out trips with a Sampler Pass Plus. See Passes FAQs below for more details.
- If you have to cancel a reservation for any reason, YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO RESCHEDULE OR RESERVE FUTURE TRIPS on your Pass. See the cancellation policy for more details.
- You cannot apply your Pass retroactively to trips you've already booked.
- Your Pass is linked to your email and is only for you. You cannot transfer your Pass or code to someone else. You are not able to share or gift trips from Sampler Passes.
- Your Pass is only valid through Outerthere.com and is not valid with individual tour operators or at destinations.
Updated Nov 2023
Will I receive a physical pass in the mail? No. Your pass is not a physical pass.
How do I use my Pass? Upon purchase of your Pass, you will receive a Welcome email that includes an individual code specific to you. Apply that code at checkout when you book your trip from your account any time while your Pass is active and your eligible trip goes to $0.
What's the best pass for me or my loved one? If you're not about making commitments, consider getting a Sampler Pass. Or don't go alone. Get the Companion Pass! Or, get a Gift Card for yourself or your friends/fam and let them figure out for themselves why your outdoorsy fam is so awesome.
What if I change my mind about my Pass? You are eligible for a full refund only BEFORE you book your first trip. We have a No Questions Asked Cancellation and Refund Policy and it works similar when you book trips with your Pass. See fine print below.
What if I reserved a trip, but you added something cooler? Can I swap out? Yes, you may swap trips with your Sampler Pass Plus. However, depending on when you're swapping, the No Questions Asked Cancellation And Refund Policy applies, with differences specific to the type of Pass you have. You may not swap trips with a Sampler Pass.
What if I really love a trip and want to do the same trip twice? Go ahead. Book it twice.
What if the trip I booked gets canceled or rescheduled? Most trips appear on this website at least twice (or more) per season. On the rare occasion one or both are canceled, you will be extended credit towards the same or similar trip AFTER your Pass expires.
What if I need to cancel a trip that I've signed up for? This depends on when you cancel. Learn more about deadlines specific to the type of Pass you have from the No Questions Asked Cancellation And Refund Policy. The good news is that if you have a Sampler Pass, you're able to cancel any time for any reason. However you will not be able to reserve any other trip. You are not allowed to donate trips you're not able to attend.
What if I'm traveling or have an emergency and can't use my Pass? Your Sampler Pass never expires. Use it whenever it's the right time for you.
THE FINE PRINT: Passes are not physical passes. Upon purchase of your Pass, you will receive a Welcome email that includes an individual code. Apply that code at checkout when you book your trip with your account any time while your Pass is active. Your code will change your final balance in your shopping cart to $0 as long as your Pass is valid. It is only valid through Outerthere.com and is not valid with individual tour operators or at destinations.
Trips booked with Passes are non-refundable. However, if any activity you booked with your active pass gets rescheduled or canceled due to legal shelter-in-place requirements, medical emergencies, dangerous weather conditions or any other inability to use your Pass (including if you have any family or medical emergencies or travel), just reply to your Welcome email. You cannot apply your Pass retroactively to trips you've already booked at their regular prices.
You must create an account to use your code. There are no blackouts with your Pass - use any time there's a trip on our calendar, including holidays. Unless otherwise stated, your Pass excludes admission fees for destinations or events (i.e. ski resorts, water parks, obstacle races). Your Pass is only for you and you cannot transfer your Pass to someone else. You cannot donate trips to other guests.
You will be required to fill out Health Screeners, Releases, Waivers and adhere to Covid and safety protocols for each trip you book.
GIFT CARD DETAILS
You will receive a confirmation email with a unique code. That code is your "gift card" and will be referred to as your "gift card" in all notifications from Outerthere.
Your gift card is not exchangeable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Your gift card is redeemable for outdoor recreation experiences on Outerthere.com only.
Total purchase cannot exceed the remaining credit balance on your gift card.
Your gift card is valid two years from the date of purchase.
For gift card balance, terms and expiration date, reply to your confirmation email.
Your gift card is property of the issuer.
NEED TO CANCEL A TRIP
Updated Nov 2023
From the moment you make a reservation on Outerthere.com, there are a lot of people and processes involved to provide you with a safe, awesome experience and everything depends on reliable scheduling.
Occasionally, trips sell out or need to be canceled. In such cases, we immediately notify you and offer you options, including rescheduling, credit towards other trips, donating your credit, giftcards or an immediate and full REFUND. That’s our policy.
In other cases, you may need to cancel, reschedule or switch your trip, and that’s OK. Here's what happens:
You have up to 24 hours from the time of your reservation to cancel any trip in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your confirmation email for faster service.
You have up to 60 days from date of your trip to cancel a FURTHER OUT international trip reservation in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
You have up to 35 DAYS from date of your trip to cancel a FURTHER OUT international trip reservation in order to RESCHEDULE, SWITCH OR RECEIVE CREDIT USABLE ON ANY OTHER FUTURE TRIPS FOREVER, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
You have up to 14 DAYS from date of your trip to cancel a Wknd! Trip or Obstacle Course Race reservation you booked through us in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
You have up to 7 DAYS from date of your trip to cancel a day trip reservation in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If you reserved this trip with a Sampler Pass, you will not be able to book another trip to replace this trip. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
You have up to 7 DAYS from date of your trip to cancel a Wknd! Trip reservation in order to RESCHEDULE, SWITCH OR RECEIVE CREDIT USABLE ON ANY OTHER FUTURE WKND TRIPS FOREVER, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
You have up to 48 HOURS from date of your trip to cancel a day trip reservation in order to RESCHEDULE, SWITCH OR RECEIVE CREDIT USABLE ON ANY OTHER FUTURE TRIPS FOREVER, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If you reserved this trip using a Sampler Pass, you will not be able to book another trip to replace this trip. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
In the event of UNEXPECTED CIRCUMSTANCES THAT CAUSE YOU TO CANCEL ANY TRIP LESS THAN 48 HRS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR TRIP, any eligible refund/credit WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN 180 DAYS or sooner upon request, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY ADD-ON RESERVATIONS FOR LODGING OR CAMP SITES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND OR CREDIT. Trips reserved on any Passes are not eligible for any refund/credit if canceled less than 48 hours from the date of your trip. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
MORE FINE PRINT
The owner and operator of this website and its affiliates and partners reserve the right to change or cancel any itinerary or service at any time due to insufficient enrollment, bad weather conditions or other reasons without penalty.
- If your trip is cancelled due to inclement weather, dangerous conditions, a catastrophic disruption to a tour operator’s business, and/or public health emergencies, the trip can be rescheduled, or the deposit will be credited or refunded, no questions asked. Weather cancellations are up to the host or guide you go with to decide, not you or the weather channel. And unless otherwise communicated, TRIPS ON THE TRIP CALENDAR HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE. That said, inclement weather, dangerous conditions, and/or public health emergencies are always a possibility on any outdoor activity, so THERE IS NO RESCHEDULING OR REFUNDS FOR TRIPS WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY OUT THERE IN THE FIELD.
- In the unlikely event of a life-threatening emergency, participants may be liable for any rescue or evacuation costs incurred either on their behalf or as a result of their actions - depending upon trip location.
- The participation of any person on any trip/program is continually subject to the discretion of your tour operator, Guides and/or Hosts.
- No guarantees are made to experience specific experiences, routes, gear, locations, etc. The role of the hosts, guides and other operators we work with is to use their judgment and experience to share with you a rewarding experience. If an unsafe situation arises and/or any unexpected delays occur, the host/guide makes the final decision and may immediately change plans and get everyone back to safety. There will be no refunds or rescheduling for this type of event. However, if time allows, your host/guide can decide if it is safe to make another attempt at the activity. If you believe your host/guide to be unprepared or behaving in an unsafe or inappropriate manner, please contact us by replying to your Welcome email after your trip to discuss available options.
TIME, DATE & DESCRIPTIONS POSTED HERE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR ANY REASON. Details regarding your trip will be emailed to you after you book.