*NEW* Outerthere Membership - Choose 2 trips/month, discounts on more!
*NEW* Outerthere Membership - Choose 2 trips/month, discounts on more!
Updated Feb 13, 2024
Introducing, Outerthere Memberships!
Book any 2 trips per month from select hosts at no additional cost*.
Plus as a member, you'll also get
- 20% discount on select trips after your 2nd trip each month.
- 10% discount on select add-ons after your 2nd trip each month**.
- A Guest Pass (where your plus one can go with you for free) for 1 trip every 6 months***.
- 100% of your reservations with your Outerthere Membership will apply to your automatic Frequent Fam punch card. That means, a free 3rd trip on any month after you've booked your 10th trip!
*Up to 2 trips/month will come out to $0 when booked with the Outerthere Membership. Excludes trips labeled Wknds and Shuttle-only ski/snowboarding trips and other Road trips.
**Discounts on add-ons (i.e. roundtrip shuttle, equipment, demos, accommodations) applied only after your 2nd trip.
***Not valid if Membership was purchased with a discount.
BOOKING TRIPS WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP
The Trip Calendar gets updated regularly with trips from hosts who have opted in to Outerthere Membership program.
Whenever new trips are added that you can use your Membership with, you'll see it appear on the page linked above.
Can't find the trip you're want? Search for it. Here's how.
If all trip dates have passed, select "Flexible? Reserve a spot on a future trip" + "No Add-ons" to book your trip in advance with your Membership.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU'VE BOOKED A TRIP
- You'll immediately receive a confirmation email for your reservations.
- Then, you will receive a Welcome email 72 hrs prior to every trip you reserve It will contain all the details for your trip, including pickup locations. Learn more about Welcome emails here.
- Pickup locations can be found here. Let us know which ones you want now. You'll be reminded via your Welcome email.
- In the meantime, if you're not already receiving our very outdoorsy emails in your inbox, you'll start seeing those, too.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Updated Feb 13, 2024
Why won't my membership work on every trip on Outerthere? Memberships is part of Outerthere's Deals & Specials program. Hosts listed on Outerthere have to opt-in to having their trips offered through this program. And not every host opts in. But please be patient. We're working hard behind the scenes to onboard more and more Hosts onto this program.
What if I have another discount offer? Can I use it with my Membership? Yes! Just do 2 separate transactions so the system doesn't lose it's mind trying to process all your amazing offers.
Can I transfer my Membership to someone else? Unfortunately, no. However, Memberships offer a Guest Pass for one of your two trips every 6 months! Please note that Guest Passes are not valid if your Membership was purchased with a discount.
What if I cannot remember my login? No worries! Just ask us in the chat at the bottom of this page and we can check for you.
What happens if I want to cancel my Membership? You've got 24 hours to cancel your Membership after your initial purchase to be eligible to receive a full refund or credit for your Membership. All of the trips you booked with your membership will be canceled. You've got 7 days to cancel your Membership to be eligible to receive credit only. All of the trips you booked with your membership will be canceled. Sorry fam, no free trials.
Will my Membership auto-renew at the end of my time? No. You will receive reminders to renew.
What if my Membership expires before my next trip? All good. Your trip is still covered by your Membership.
Can I cancel trips I've already booked and rebook them with my Membership? Yes.
NEED TO CANCEL A TRIP
Updated Jan 2024
From the moment you make a reservation on Outerthere.com, there are a lot of people and processes involved to provide you with a safe, awesome experience and everything depends on reliable scheduling.
Occasionally, trips sell out or need to be canceled. In such cases, we immediately notify you and offer you options, including rescheduling, credit towards other trips, donating your credit, giftcards or an immediate and full REFUND. That’s our policy.
In other cases, you may need to cancel, reschedule or switch your trip, and that’s OK. Here's what happens:
1. You have up to 24 hours from the time of your reservation to cancel any trip in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your confirmation email for faster service.
2. You have up to 60 days from the date of your trip to cancel a FURTHER OUT international trip reservation in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
3. You have up to 35 DAYS from the date of your trip to cancel a FURTHER OUT international trip reservation in order to RESCHEDULE, SWITCH OR RECEIVE CREDIT USABLE ANYTIME ON ANY OTHER FUTURE TRIPS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
4. You have up to 14 DAYS from the date of your trip to cancel trip reservations by OutYork, trip reservations labeled Wknd or Obstacle Course Race reservations you booked through Outerthere.com in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
5. You have up to 7 DAYS from the date of your trip to cancel a day trip reservation by an Outerthere brand or trip host in order to be eligible to receive a FULL REFUND OR CREDIT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If you reserved this trip with a Sampler Pass, you will not be able to book another trip to replace this trip. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
6. You have up to 7 DAYS from the date of your trip to cancel a trip reservation by Outyork or trip reservation labeled Wknd in order to RESCHEDULE, SWITCH OR RECEIVE CREDIT USABLE ANYTIME ON ANY OTHER FUTURE WKND TRIPS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
7. Unless otherwise stated in a trip listing or host profile, you have up to 48 HOURS from the date of your trip to cancel any day trip reservation in order to RESCHEDULE, SWITCH OR RECEIVE CREDIT USABLE ANYTIME ON ANY OTHER FUTURE TRIPS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If you reserved this trip using a Sampler Pass, you will not be able to book another trip to replace this trip. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
8. In the event of UNEXPECTED CIRCUMSTANCES THAT CAUSE YOU TO CANCEL ANY TRIP LESS THAN 48 HRS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR TRIP, any eligible refund/credit WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN 180 DAYS or sooner upon request. Please note that you may be charged a small cancellation fee payable to your trip host. Additionally, ANY ADD-ON RESERVATIONS FOR LODGING, CAMP SITES, EQUIPMENT RENTALS AND/OR DEMONSTRATIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND OR CREDIT.
9. Trips reserved on any Passes are not eligible for any refund/credit if canceled less than 48 hours from the date of your trip. Reply to your trip confirmation email for faster service.
10. The owner and operator of this website and its affiliates, partners and listed hosts reserve the right to change or cancel any itinerary or service at any time due to insufficient enrollment, bad weather conditions or other reasons without penalty.
10a. If your trip is cancelled due to inclement weather, dangerous conditions, a catastrophic disruption to a tour operator’s business, and/or public health emergencies, the trip can be rescheduled, or the deposit will be credited or refunded, no questions asked. Weather cancellations are up to the host or guide you go with to decide, not you or the weather channel. And unless otherwise communicated, TRIPS ON THE TRIP CALENDAR HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE. That said, inclement weather, dangerous conditions, and/or public health emergencies are always a possibility on any outdoor activity, so THERE IS NO RESCHEDULING OR REFUNDS FOR TRIPS WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY OUT THERE IN THE FIELD.
10b. In the unlikely event of a life-threatening emergency, participants may be liable for any rescue or evacuation costs incurred either on their behalf or as a result of their actions - depending upon trip location.
10c. The participation of any person on any trip/program is continually subject to the discretion of your tour operator, Guides and/or Hosts.
10d. No guarantees are made to experience specific experiences, routes, gear, locations, etc. The role of the hosts, guides and other operators we work with is to use their judgment and experience to share with you a rewarding experience. If an unsafe situation arises and/or any unexpected delays occur, the host/guide makes the final decision and may immediately change plans and get everyone back to safety. There will be no refunds or rescheduling for this type of event. However, if time allows, your host/guide can decide if it is safe to make another attempt at the activity. If you believe your host/guide to be unprepared or behaving in an unsafe or inappropriate manner, please contact us by replying to your Welcome email after your trip to discuss available options.
TIME, DATE & DESCRIPTIONS POSTED HERE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR ANY REASON. Details regarding your trip will be emailed to you after you book.